How to complete your lake or streambed alteration notification

| Apr 26, 2022 | Cannabis Law |

People beginning cannabis cultivation projects should properly complete the lake or streambed alteration notification. It’s important to make sure the submitted application goes to the right location in the Bay Area of California. Start in the right region because the application’s location can’t change during the process. Here are some tips a person should follow to complete their notifications for cannabis cultivation projects.

Verify the applicant and calculate fees

The applicant must legally follow the terms and conditions of the agreement. The person proposing the project should be the applicant. An applicant can’t be a lawyer, consultant or a designated representative under agriculture law. When filling out the application, make sure to calculate the fees, which include notification and remediation. The application process won’t end until applicants pay all fees in full. The fee schedules accept checks, money orders and debit or credit cards.

Provide project description details

Details of cannabis cultivation projects should include the relevant information under agriculture law. An example is identifying stream crossings such as bridges or rock fords. The details include surface water diversions, removal of riparian vegetation and bank stabilizations. The application needs specific dimensions, designs and volume of all materials that the project needs. Include the permanent and temporary impacts to the channel or riparian habitat, and specify the diverted water’s use. Detail any ancillary activities, which include staging areas and identifying access.

While filling out the application, attach all the necessary documents, photos and maps for the project. Some information in the application needs support from physical evidence. Cannabis cultivation needs a detailed project map, the state property diagram and photos of all project activities. Applicants should include the local jurisdiction approvals. Review the application to find what documents, maps and photos the project needs. For anyone that needs help, there’s the EPIMS Helpdesk and the LSA Program.